Very positive review of the book

 This review was received via email: Morning Pieter, I purchased your book “Life’s 2 Short to Face the Perils” in February this year and was...

Sunday 28 April 2024

Very positive review of the book

 This review was received via email:

Morning Pieter,

I purchased your book “Life’s 2 Short to Face the Perils” in February this year and was interested in it due to having Diabetes Type 2 and “ high cholesterol” as diagnosed by my GP. As a production pharmacist, I found the contents to be well-researched, very informative and well-written in an easy-reading format. I enjoyed the case studies, personal experience and humour.

 After working through the contents twice, I decided to follow the principles of a ‘Low Carb, High Fat, Intermitted Fasting” lifestyle and started measuring Fasting Blood Glucose Levels (FBGL) daily with BMI and weight weekly. After just three days, my FBGL decreased from an average of 7.5 mMol/l to an average of 6 mMol/l and now many times around 5.5 mMol/l. This whilst still taking my medication as always. I trust that I will be in a position to soon start reducing the medication.

Over a period of eight weeks, my weight has reduced from 84kg to 79kg, my waist circumference with 4cm and my BMI from 24.3 to 22.9. I am feeling energetic and have adapted to the IF eating pattern easily. I am never hungry in between meals and do no snacking during the fasting period of 16 hours.

 I have introduced your book and the concept to two friends with similar circumstances and they experienced the same results. You have made a huge contribution to improving my general health, for which I thank you.

 Kind regards

 Charles W Moolman

Wilderness, 6560

Western Cape, South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment